The University of Montana logo WELCOME TO LISTSERV 15.0

Help for ACCESSPARTNERS-L Archives

ACCESSPARTNERS-L Archives

ACCESSPARTNERS-L Archives

Subject: Re-Post: Training Opportunities: IT Short Courses on Read&Write Gold
From: Mika Watanabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 16 Feb 2016 12:55:16 -0700

Hi everyone,
Once again, I am sorry that I accidentally posted an announcement in a strange format. I am re-
posting it so that it's easy to read. Mika

Read&Write Gold, reading and writing software, is available for free to all UM students and
employees. IT is offering short courses on Read&Write Gold this spring semester. These
courses are open to all UM students, faculty, and staff.

To download Read&Write Gold, go to the IT Lab software page:
http://www.umt.edu/it/services/accessible_IT/readwritegold.php

To sign up, go to the IT Short courses page at: http://apps.umt.edu/it/shortcourse/home

ACC395: How to use Texthelp Read and Write to transition PDFs to readable form
March 10, 2016, 1:10 -2:00 p.m. in LA 139.
This IT short course will cover the use of Read and Write for converting image only PDFs into
readable text based PDFs and Word documents. In addition, it will cover conversions using a
scanner as well as other image files and text found in video.

EdTech201: How Texthelp Read and Write can support student research.
April 6, 2016, 1:10 -2:00 p.m. in LA 139.
This IT short course will cover the use of Read and Write for paper research writing. Its primary
focus will be on using Read and Write as an aid for web based research.

EdTech202: Students: Texthelp Read and Write can make your student life easier (and it is
free).
March 23, 2016, 1:10-2:00 p.m. in LA 139.
This IT short course will cover the use of Read and Write for essay writing, PDF reading, and
creating MP3 versions of prescribed documents for listening on Smart Phones, iPads, iPods,
and other MP3 playback devises.