The University of Montana logo WELCOME TO LISTSERV 15.0

Help for CSJOBS-L Archives

CSJOBS-L Archives

CSJOBS-L Archives

Subject: Missoula BarCamp 2009
From: Jana Wilborn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 3 Apr 2009 10:13:41 -0600

Missoula BarCamp 2009, our second annual technology, non-profit, and arts
unconference will happen on Saturday April 18 from noon to 5pm at MonTEC
(1121 E. Broadway, Missoula, MT).

WHEN: Saturday April 18
WHERE: MonTEC
COST: $8 early, $15 after Apr 11

Registration Required! Do it early and save money. Lunch is included.

More about BarCamp
We're inviting all Western Montana computer professionals, scientists, web
designers, students, companies, and entrepreneurs who are involved in the
computer technology industry to the first Missoula BarCamp.

Many conference attendees report that the best part is meeting colleagues
during the breaks. A BarCamp brings a high level of interactivity and engaged
exchange to the entire event. This isn't a place to sit and have stuff crammed
into your head. A BarCamp is a self organizing conference built with leading
edge social technology which is simple but evolutionary. Bring your best
ideas and expect to get the same from the other attendees.

BarCamp came as a response to Tim O'Reilly's "FooCamp" which brought the
best and brightest computer programmers and authers together to move and
shake the industry, but it was by invitation only. And it happened only once a
year. BarCamp is open, happens many times all over the world. Now it has
come to Missoula.

Early registration is highly recommended to ensure adequate facilities and
supplies. Due to donations we are able to offer this event below cost, $8 for
early registrations, and $15 after April 11.

Please visit the website for more details. http://missoulabarcamp.org

Best - Kathy